Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SoulNothing

Suse 9.1 Personal. and rpm/apt

the main gist of this is can suse 9.1 personal support apt and synaptic prefaberly while yast is good i miss synaptic and apt. I just installed suse about 20 minutes ago so im still exploring,

but of course i have a few more questions

does suse have prebuilt i686 optimized kernels

The reason im looking for synaptic is gnome. i really dislike kde and mostly use xfce or gnome or fluxbox and i wanted to get gnome on here prefably 2.6 or 2.8

also how hard is it to compile gnome from scratch through the command line??

but of course i have a few more questions

does suse have prebuilt i686 optimized kernels

thanks in advance

as far as building gnome from tarballs it's a pain in the arse and it may kill you. The best part is when you think you are all done and it's all broke and acting funky. Here is a great project called garnome it's scripts that build gnome from tarballs for you, it's brilliant.

http://cipherfunk.org/garnome/

here is the gnome build dependencies list.

http://www.gnome.org/start/2.8/notes/rninstallation.html

alot of makes and ./configures wink

i got an issue with signing with the packages and am unsure of how to fixt this

this is what i get when i type

sudo apt-get install synaptic

Checking GPG signatures...

Unsigned /var/cache/apt/archives/xmlcharent_0.3-250.4_noarch.rpm: sha1 md5 OK

Unsigned /var/cache/apt/archives/docbook%5f4_4.3-0.1_noarch.rpm: sha1 md5 OK

Unknown signature /var/cache/apt/archives/synaptic_0.55-0.0.suse091.rb.0_i586.rpm: (SHA1) DSA sha1 md5 (GPG) NOT OK (MISSING KEYS: GPG#8c9b4b0d)

E: Error(s) while checking package signatures:

2 unsigned package(s)

1 package(s) with unknown signatures

0 package(s) with illegal/corrupted signatures

i did gpg but am unsure if i did it right any help would be appreciated

Hi soulNOTHING, Im running into this problem right now. With RH/Fedora you could turn this off, there is a risk but I did it a long time with RH/Fedora and had no problems. Did you ever get this solved? I'm trying to install bittorrent-gui...

Code:
dapper@dan:~ # apt-get -f install bittorrent-guiReading Package Lists... DoneBuilding Dependency Tree... DoneThe following extra packages will be installed:  bittorrent python-wxGTK wxGTK-glThe following NEW packages will be installed:  bittorrent bittorrent-gui python-wxGTK wxGTK-gl0 upgraded, 4 newly installed, 0 removed and 292 not upgraded.Need to get 0B/3430kB of archives.After unpacking 16.6MB of additional disk space will be used.Do you want to continue? [Y/n] yChecking GPG signatures...Unknown signature /var/cache/apt/archives/bittorrent_3.4.1-2_noarch.rpm: (SHA1) DSA sha1 md5 (GPG) NOT OK (MISSING KEYS: GPG#bfbf94b3)Unknown signature /var/cache/apt/archives/bittorrent-gui_3.4.1-2_noarch.rpm: (SHA1) DSA sha1 md5 (GPG) NOT OK (MISSING KEYS: GPG#bfbf94b3)E: Error(s) while checking package signatures:0 unsigned package(s)2 package(s) with unknown signatures0 package(s) with illegal/corrupted signaturesdapper@dan:~ #

:x