Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DeltaWolf7

Mentor USB 2.0 PCMCIA Help

Hello,

I have a laptop running Windows XP w/SP2. I have just got a Mentor PCMCIA 2.0 USB PCMCIA and a usb enclosure for a pioneer 108 dvd-rw.

At one point the DVD-RW was picked up and I could read the cds but it was very very slow, even to respond.

Now the card does not show the drive up at all and its starting to cause the system to drag.

What could be the cause for the problem? The card has no drivers, its supose to just work right out of the box.

Can anyone offer any suggestons?

At one point it was locking the system up.

From what I can tell this card has a o2micro chipset, could that be defective?

Thank you for any help, Delta

Is this a USB or a PCMCIA device? It isn`t clear on the message. It cannot be both. Both interfaces are very slow so do expect lockups and sluggishness for such a device on a slow interface.

(I have a laptop running Windows XP w/SP2. I have just got a Mentor PCMCIA 2.0 USB PCMCIA)

Original Post, this would clearly point out that he is in fact using PCMCIA smile Either way if someone could shed some light on this problem it would be much appreciated as i am having the same problem aswell, only difference is mine wont pick anything up at all. Just to add i have tryed 5 of these same Mentor PCMCIA USB 2.0 Cards and all report the same. maybe "MENTOR" have some explaining to do!