Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kaltbjorn

patch for star wars racer episode 1

Help! I need a patch so my Pod Racer game will run on XP. Anyone know where I can get a patch to download?

Hey:

I'm looking 4 the same patch.

Do you hve it already ?

Hope u can help me.

Lcapone@zonnet.nl

Greetz

D@rkraver

Originally posted by kaltbjorn:

Quote:
Help! I need a patch so my Pod Racer game will run on XP. Anyone know where I can get a patch to download?

Hello

Its easy to fix once i figured out why it happens, in fact most of the problems to do with XP and old games start with graphics

First, download the patch from http://support.lucasarts.com/trg/xp/swep1racer.htm and install it

Then, go into your graphics card setup, find the button which allows you to tweak your AA (Anti Aliasing) to the maximum (Mine is set at 6x)

Then, play the game! Sorted, works like a dream

As a side note, for problems with word 2003, scrolling and not being able to see pictures in documents, just turn off all your graphic accelartion and the problem goes away

Seems the culprit could be DD9

Bugman

X700 ATI 256 AGP graphics card, XP with SP2, 512 ram 1800 AMD chip

Or, simply go to the shortcut on your desktop, right click it, click Properties/Compatibilty, then check the box and set it to '98 mode, click OK, and play the game, no patches required smile

Are you installing the game from the original CD? Or, are you using a, ***AHEM***, "backup" copy? If you're using a "backup", it will continue to crash forever, and the patch from Lucas will not work with, ***AHEM***, "backup" copies of the CD. smile