Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
moggs

problems installing norton internet security 2005 from the 2003 version

Ive Just downloaded Norton Internet Security 2005 from symantec website and saved it to the desktop. Ive now double clicked on its icon and it comes with the norton internet security 2005 screen, i then click on the install button at the bottom of the screen, it then appears to install but doesnt launch the program or start to invoke the full installation process.

I run windows xp home edition SP2 and run internet security 2003 at present with system works 2004 (norton)for anti-virus etc

Any ideas, comments or feedback would be very welcome ..

Thanks in advance

Moggs

Ive tried uninstalling this version before installing 2005, i tried this by using cd of norton internet security 2005 but disc wont load after clicking on intall norton internet security 2005. I head its something to do with the registary ? Any ideas

please help ...

frown

I also downloaded NIS 2005 and can't get it to install. I have spent countless hours on the phone with India which has not helped. I had NIS 2003 and COMPLETLY uninstalled it the whole nine yards. After downloading NIS 2005 I click on install and it acts as if it is going to install, but nothing ever happens beyond that. I am running Win 98 I have also done a repair install as suggested by Norton. I get no error messages or anything else it just simply goes away. HELP!!

Regarding problems with Norton AntiVirus 2005, and Internet Security 2005, I too have become fed up with the problems this software is causing. Since installing the software last week from the website, due to an accidental deletion of my 2004 security software, I suddenly was getting "unable to activate" messages, the "integrator" error, subscription glitches, and frequent internet disconnects. I have given up in frustration twice due to long waits for telephone assistance. As of last night I now have gone online with Symantec, and have received an email with en extensive list of questions. If they start telling me to uninstall things like Explorer, and other significant programs, I will not be a happy camper. I have a 2004 HP Media Center computer, and this software is "preying" on the fancy features it offers. I was forced to do a full system recovery earlier this week due to internet connection crashes effecting Media Center downloads. Customer service on the telephone is a trying experience, and even if you are lucky enough to get a human being to converse with, they're so hard to understand due to phone line connections.

Hello everyone having problems with norton internet security 2005 installs. I to was having problems to numerous to mention. I was about to give up on it but thought maybe the registry had something to do with it so I ran regedit and searched for anything to do with "SYMANTEC" and also "NORTON" everything I found with those terms in them I deleted. After I did that I and rebooted I was able to Install Internet security 2005. Hope this helps. Oh make a back up before messing with the registry.

Norton problems are the most common issues we see in our service centers. So many of our customers ask for help with installing/removing Symantec products that we have assembled a tutorial to help. You can view our free tutorial, which includes steps that Symantec does not include in their removal process at:

http://www.schrockinnovations.com/removenav.php

After you have completed the steps in the tutorial, if you still have problems, perform the steps again, and then click on Start and type regedit and press enter. Click on "My Computer" then click on Edit and then Find. Remove any keys that contain the following values:

syman

norto

liveupdate

livereg

Then manually delete the folder(s)

c:\program files\common files\Symantec Shared

c:\program files\Norton Antivirus(or Internet Security)

That should take care of it. Reboot and then reinstall.

YOU MUST DOWNLOAD FROM THERE SITE THE REMOVAL TOOL -- DOWNLOAD REMOVE BOTH VERSIONS THEN RE INSTALL IT WILL BE FINE BUT YOU MUST UN INSTALL 1st

DAVE --BLUENOSE 1