Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mr_ripper

Intel PRO/DSL 2100 Win2K install???

I cant get my dsl modem to work. has anyone been able to get the DSL modem to work in win2k?? has anyone tied to modify the NT4 install inf???

btw i use US West(Worst) for my line. they send the InlelPRO/DSL 2100. I cant find any other support for the modem except from uswest. anyone?????

external modem??

i am using a Nortel 1MG DSL modem.modem worked fine but none of the software for connection runs.Used a program called winpoet(V2.0)and was up in no time.

I do tech support on the 2100 modems, the line is no one has gotten one to work on 2k, we take the calls when they don't, not that we support it yet, but we get alot of calls for 2k and neither of the internal modems work on 2k yet. And there hasn't been an annoucement of 2k training yet either.

its internal. and its the only thing holding me back on win2k. guess ill have to deal for a awhile.....DAMNIT....

thanx all...

sotti, since you work for tech support, you are on the inside......steal me the source code for the Inter PRO/DSL 2100 installer...i will fix it for everyone...ha ha

it bugs me.....i also would have 100% 2000, but no DSL keeps me from it.

------------------

Peace out,

~CHiP

I just got off the phone with a US West tech and the conversation went something like this (summarizing):

me: I need W2K Cisco 605 drivers.

him: We don't support that, contact Cisco.

me: Cisco no longer supports the modem, they say that Intel purchased it from them.

him: Call Intel.

me: Intel says they do not support the 2100/605. They say to contact you.

him: I think Microsoft is supposed to release the driver.

me: No. Microsoft is not supposed to release the driver.

him: Hmmm.... W2K is scheduled to officially be released on the 17th. We'll release drivers soon after that.

me: So you are working on drivers?!?

him: I don't know. No one has told us yet.

me: Is there someone I can contact there?

him: You might try contacting Cisco.

sigh... I gave up. This too is the only thing (that I can tell) that is holding me up from upgrading. I got my full version in the mail today!