Compatible Support Forums
Mike2

Cold Shadow error

I had a problem with Cold Shadow.

I spent two months out of my time to fix this stupid problem. But I still connot still figure out a solution for this problem...

What I thought about is putting a second hard drive on my computer then install Windows 95.

SPECS

Celeron 2.40 GHZ Processor

256 MB RAM

Windows XP Service Pack 2

The error I get in Cold Shadow when I start it is

Unable to link to KERNEL32.DLL!!

The application failed to intialize (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application.

The reason for planning to install Windows 95 is because

with newer operating systems, the Cold Shadow game will not work properly.

Is this possible?

I'M FED UP WITH THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm asking a question and your ignoring my help request! The only topic you payed attention to is "Sims2 Installation Help"!;( ;( ;( ;( ;(

I'm trying to ask a question about installing a operating system, and I'm not getting a answer!

I'm going to put a second hard drive on my computer, then I will install Windows 95. But I'm not sure how to do this the safe way. Is there a way to do this?

YOU STILL IGNORING MY REQUEST!

Is there any way to install Windows 95 without problems?

Hi, sorry for raising up this old thread.

Indead, I am keen on this game and used to set old games working with recent OS.

Unfortunately, I've never been able to let Cold Shadow work on Windows XP, and newer.

Then, I saw the post from alissonam, which seems to be really helpful.

However, the link is not working anymore...

@alissonam: Could you send new link or the steps which are embedded in the URL you posted in 2010, please?

It would be really interesting for a lot of persons searching for the resolution of this problem...

Thanks a lot in advance!!