Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Whiskers

Setup Linux for Pear networking, how to install the needed modules?

I wasnt sure where to post this, being both general linux things, but being done for a speciif program.

http://pearpc.sourceforge.net/netsetup.html

The above link is the page of how to set up network for pear pc

unfortnately i cant muster for than a "huh" after reading it. I have a 2.6 kernel and is says, I need to do this

For Linux 2.6.x: You must enable (as a module "M" or compiled-in "Y") the following features in your kernel:

* "Device Drivers / Networking support / Universal TUN/TAP device driver support" (CONFIG_TUN)

* "Device Drivers / Networking support / Networking Options / Network Packet Filtering (replaces ipchains) / IP: Netfilter Configuration / Connection tracking (required for masq/NAT)" (CONFIG_IP_NF_CONNTRACK)

* "Device Drivers / Networking support / Networking Options / Network Packet Filtering (replaces ipchains) / IP: Netfilter Configuration / IP tables support (required for filtering/masq/NAT)" (CONFIG_IP_NF_IPTABLES)

* "Device Drivers / Networking support / Networking Options / Network Packet Filtering (replaces ipchains) / IP: Netfilter Configuration / MASQUERADE target support" (CONFIG_IP_NF_MASQUERADE)

How who what where?

I hope this makes sence to someone out there

I would hazard a guess all of those kernel configuration elements have already

been enabled and are included in the kernel you're now using.

You may confirm this by checking for the specific CONFIG_xxxxx strings in the

kernel config file used to build your kernel (you'll find it in the /boot dir).