Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bulleke

i can't login on windows xp, i've tried everything

I can't login on windows xp i've tried everything

then i taught i had found the sollution on this website and i did (kinda).

i made a boot-floppy to tried to "copy c:/windows/system32/userinit.exe to c:/windows/system32/wsaupdater.exe" but then the dos-prog says "invalid drive specification" and i'm 100% sure that the drive does exist i also tried "dir c:", "c:" and "dir.." but then it says again "invalid drive specification" does somebody know how i can get into my c-drive??? frown

If WinXP is installed on a NTFS partition then standard MS-DOS will not be able to read/write files on such a partition.

When you say that you cannot login does it mean:

1. You don't know what user-account exists ?

2. You are using the welcome screen, but it contains no user-icons ?

3. You know the name of an user-account, but you don't know the password to the account ?

4. You know the name and the password to an account, but Windows XP generates an error during login ?

If you are using WinXP Home, then booting in safemode should give you access to the builtin Administrator-account where the password is blank.

You could try to use a "special" bootdisk to reset the password on a known account (With whatever risks it might introduce)

Btw. Are you using WinXP Pro or Home ?

i have the same problem as http://www.ntcompatible.com/thread.php?id=27955 and can get into the dos-thing but i cant copy my file (see first post).

1. You don't know what user-account exists ?

there's one account: administrator

2. You are using the welcome screen, but it contains no user-icons ?

there are user-icons

3. You know the name of an user-account, but you don't know the password to the account ?

i know the name and it doesn't have a password

4. You know the name and the password to an account, but Windows XP generates an error during login ?

no errors

Btw. Are you using WinXP Pro or Home ? i'm using WinXP Home

+ i don't know how to run my windows xp install-file

I Can't login to my WinXP account, I get to the Welcome screen and there aren't any user Icons. I'm using FAT32. My system is multi OS with Win98, Win2000 Pro & WinXP Pro.

I'd really appreciate some help with this.

I'm having the same problem with my wife's Windows 2000. It will boot up to the password screen and it will let me in when I type the correct password, but within 15 seconds tells me it is saving settings and logging back out - then I'm back to the login screen.

Here's the big problem - We don't have the Windows 2000 CD anymore, or if we do, I'm not sure if we have the login code anymore. I don't have a boot disk either. Before it crashed I'd updated the virus-scan so all I need is to log in and run it, but I can't login. Anybody have any ideas?

I am using XP Pro. I get to the "Welcome" screen. I have two user icons (they have no passwords). When I click on the the main account or other one, HD just churns & churns... I am not getting any errors, just doesn't bring up the desktop...

I just want to be able to get to "My documents" folder, then I can blow away the XP & reload. is there some disk I can use to get to C:/ drive.

Another thing, on Boot, I can do an F8 & get to the "Safe Mode" selection screen, I picked safe mode... The screen changed to my desktop blue color with a cursor arrow, but then just had the hourglass icon & never loaded SAFE MODE... I am not getting any errors either... Please help...

Thanks Ken...