Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nitinbose

Nero Burning ROM 6.3.1.20

Hi!

I recently installed Nero burning ROM 6.3.1.20 on my win XP PC.

However, the cd bruning process causes alot of issues.

The process itself starts, but stops at about 4%, and halts there. The blinking of the cd writer (HP 9700K) continues, as if it were writing the cd (in red color), and then turns steady green, as if it were idling. Nero still shows as 'burning' but remains at 4%.

The good thing is that, even though I have to reboot, to restore the state of my PC, the cd is not damaged.

I tried with different settings, TAO/DAO/DAO96 etc., but to no avail.

Please help. Since, no error messages are generated, as the system hangs, there is no error message that I can post.

Just a couple of things off the top of my head.

1) Have you tried different types of media?

2) CDRs or CDRWs?

3) Burning at a slower speed?

4) Different software to rule out an aspi.dll compatibility issue?

I would also search these forums. http://clone.cd/phpBB/

HTH smile

Thanks for your replies.

I did try with different medias (CD-Rs), and slower speeds, but to no avail.

However, the problem does not seem to occur with CD-RW media.

Could it be some head mis-alignment issue, because I once tried to use a 90min (800MB), CD-R, which the software gave warning, and did not write.

The problem occurs, just when it begins to write the 'lead-in' or track (for TAO), and then does not progress. The status bar shows as 4%, and the writer LED keeps on blinking RED as if it were writing, and then turns GREEN.

However, after this, I am not able to eject the CD from the writer or close the Nero software unless I reboot. Nero may be closed forcefully, by issuing an 'End-Task', several times, but if you want the CD out, then you have to reboot the machine.

I have noticed a similar issue using another external cd writer, using nero 6.3.1.20 and win-xp, but here it gives me a failed data verification.

However, both the above devices work well with windows XP cd-writing software.