Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gersfanjamie

computer keeps resetting whenever i try to play a game help!

whenever i try to play a game the computer just restarts itself, I could be playing it for 30 seconds then it would just restart with a blue screen coming up, any ideas would be appreciated, heres the system im using:

xp pro sp2

p3 1000mhzx2

ati 9200SE 128mb gfx card

640mb ram

2 73gb scsi hdd

dvd-rw

excellent thanks for you help, where do u think i could get the bios update?

heres the full info for it:

Program: eSupport.com BIOS Agent Version 3.34

BIOS Date: 08/17/01

BIOS Type: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

BIOS ID: 08/17/2001-694X-686B-6A6LJM4DC

OEM Sign-On: W6321MS V5.1 081701 11:28:44

Chipset: VIA 82C691 rev 196

Superio: VIA 686 rev 64 found at port 7h

CPU: PENTIUM III 1000 Mhz MAX: 1000 Mhz

BIOS ROM In Socket: Yes

BIOS ROM Size: 256K

Memory Installed: 640 MB

Memory Maximum: 512 MB

Memory Slot 01: 128 MB

Memory Slot 02: 512 MB

Memory Slot 03: 0 MB

Memory Slot 04: 0 MB

I must sound like a fool, but i cant find a driver anywhere for this, what should i be looking for (a model number of something) thanks for ur help

ok thanks, ill probably need to buy the update off of esupport.com, there is just another thing, it says here on the printout: memory installed 640mb and the it says memory maximum 512mb do you think that might be the one of the problems?

On the early Intel 815 computers memory was limited to 512meg. This is a VIA setup so it is probably not limited. You have four memory banks and you have two chips in the first two. Every board will have a specification of the kind and the size for each bank. Clearly, if it has accepted the 512, it is recognizing it. On some boards in the past you had to balance the size so that you would have equal amount in each - in other words, if you had a 128 in one bank, there should be a 128 in another. Again, since your system is recognizing both memory chips, this does not seem to be a limitation for your board. Try the new BIOS first, then go from there.