Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
2k_freak!

tweaking startup speeds!!

Anyone know how to tweak the startup speed??? i mean really tweak it fast!!! cause i always reach out for my computer eerytime i get home so i want it to startup extrmely quickly, of course to how off too 8)

thanks i did'nt do the manual thingie but i did the easier one(haha lazy me), cranked up the boot up abit(by bout 12secs)

but tats enoguht for me to show off

thanks i did'nt do the manual thingie but i did the easier one(haha lazy me), cranked up the boot up abit(by bout 12secs)

but tats enoguht for me to show off sry for double post thoguh!

Ive got to the point where my BIOS POST isnt fast enough!! after POST has finished, and the screen goes blank for a sec (in XP) it takes 8-9 seconds to hit desktop!!

yeah baby

Now Alec feel free to hit me with your time... assuming that your Rocket ram thingy wotsit doodah booboo helps with startup??

BTW although i say the above in jest I am interested in these solid state RAM drives. Maybe something to put on the shopping list.

To add something useful- disk health is also important. I believe (1?) of the things bootvis does is to record what files are used from the harddisk, then move them to the optimum place on the disk so that read times are improved. Essentially a defrag for startup files!

interesting setup. I keep going between lean-speed-machine to slightly bloated by nicer to use setups!

You know I have just spent about 15 minutes trying to find the post you did ages ago re: your new tools.

Im such a spud somedays- its in your sig- and how many times have a seen that?! :x

LOL!!

Gonna do a bit more playing with them toys