Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Koil

Losing wireless connection when using SB Live! card..???

Hello all and thanks for reading my problem...

Specs:

WinXP (SP1 though it REALLY wants me to install SP2)

2Ghz P4

Abit Mobo

GeForce 3TI 500

SoundBlaster Live! Value

D-Link 520 Wireless PCI Net card

2 30Gb HD

2 CD-ROM

Ok, heres the deal and its really frustrating me. Since I installed the ABIT MoBo about 2 months ago, I never swapped back over to using the SB Live card, so when I swapped it from using the onboard sound to the SB card (in Control Panel)last night, the D-Link card immediately loses connnection with the Hub and says the connection isn't available.

If I go back into control panel and disable the sound card...it regains connection....???

I have checked the IRQ's and the D-Link is on IRQ 23, which is shared with a USB controller (no USB devices connected at this time) and the SB Live card is on IRQ 21 by itself.

I can't figure out what is causing this at all...does the card emit some kind of interference thats killing the signal to the card? I searched the net and I can't find anything about that, but who knows...

I have tried swapping the PCI slots of the SB card down one slot, to see if it made a difference, but it didn't.

I think that this is all I have done, if any one has any ideas or needs further info, please let me know!

Thanks!!

When you look at the IRQ settings, look also at what memory is being accessed. Both cards may be trying to use the same block of memory and it is the reason the Wireless card drops out. You didn't mention which set of drivers your are using for the SBLive card.