Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Whiskers

Fstab helped needed with usb devices

Upon booot it detects new devices although they are already in fstab, I have a 20gig drive in a usb enclosure, and it takes quite a bit of time then it says there is an error in the partition table, so redid the partitions still same problem, however I have had it working in X. When I copy a file it says that it cant change the files permissions

none /mnt/removable supermount dev=/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1,fs=ext2:vfat,--,umask=0000,user,noauto,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850 0 0

none /mnt/removable2 supermount dev=/dev/scsi/host1/bus0/target0/lun0/part1,fs=ext2:vfat,--,umask=0000,user,noauto,iocharset=iso8859-1,kudzu,codepage=850 0 0

Ok Iv played with this, and now i can write to the drive without the error about changing permissions

none /mnt/removable supermount dev=/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1,fs=ext2:vfat,--,umask=0000,user,rw,noauto,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850 0 0

none /mnt/removable2 supermount dev=/dev/scsi/host1/bus0/target0/lun0/part1,fs=ext2:vfat,--,umask=0000,user,rw,noauto,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850 0 0

the /removable seems to be working ok but /removable2 is giving me errors when trying to copy some files. I'm thinking that this device wont work with linux

I had the same problem with kudzu. Do you actually have two scsi devices (removable), or just one? It looks like it set up one, then another when you changed the partition table.

Yeah I actually have 2 devices and the thing keeps wanting to add or remove them when the device is added or removed from the system.