Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
deerman12345

RECYCLED FOLDER

I cannot find the recyled folder anywhere. I open the command prompt, then type: cd reycled and it says it can't find the folder. However on windows 2000 (on my old computer) when I type: cd recycled I can open the recycled folder. Any help would be appreciated

The actual location of the Recycle Bin in Windows 2000 & XP is 'RECYCLER', ie. C:\RECYCLER. Remember that the files within this folder are hidden.

Is the Recycle Bin not working in Windows?

Thanks guys. I got in the recylced folder, unhid all the files but no files seem to be sent to the folder when I delete them, any ideas? Also, when running from the command prompt it says:

Driver in drive C has no label

Volume Serial number is 1C03-C5C1

Directory of F:\Recycler

File not Found

However I can access the folder from explorer (but no files show, or seem go to tha folder)

Below the Recycler folder is another hidden+system folder with a GUID string. You can view this in Explorer by unhiding protected system files/folders.

Hello

I have almost the same problem. I have a mont old Windows XP SP2 and 2 hdds:

1st with system and NTFS (100GB)

2nd with FAT32 (40GB)

I can see all hidden and system files, but I had no Recycle folder on C:/. So I copied it from another computer in ethernet with NFTS as a system disc.

Now I have a folder C:/Recycled (with icon:)), but if I put some files in it they got somewhere else!

The folder C:/Recycled is always empty, but the files aren't deleted from HDD. (If I want to Empty Recycle Bin it'll say:,,Really delete e.g. 30 files?"; I put a file in C:/Recycled and it says:,,Really delete 31 files?" and so on.) So the files aren't disappearing.

I found out the files moved into C:/Recycled are saved in c:/RECYCLER, but with invalid names and valid extensions.

======================

So I can write to the folder where C:/Recycled points (C:/RECYCLER), but I cannot read from there through C:/Recycled.

======================

I played with PROPERITIES of Recycle Bin C:/Recycle, but with no relevant results.

I also tryed chkdisk in Command logged as admin, but I says 0 kB invalid sector (or sth. like that).

All users including Admin have this problem.

By the way, the Recycler folder on 2nd FAT32 drive works fine.

So ANY help will be welcome!

Thanks a lot!

smilesmilesmile

Go to Start->Run and type in CMD:

Assuming you are in C:\documents and settings\...\

Type: CD\ [ENTER]

Type: CD RECYCLED [ENTER]

Type: ATTRIB -r -s -h info2 [ENTER]

Type: DEL INFO2 [ENTER]

If that does not help then try:

Type: attrib -s -h recycled [ENTER]

Type: rd /s recycled [ENTER]