Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Malaris

"Radical System Design"? ABSOLUTELY! Take a peek...

OMG! I would kill for that monster of a PC.

Couldn't see a price though, is there one or an estimate a t least???

I can't help but wonder, on such a highly spec'ed machine, why they're only bundling a Radeon 9800, and not one of the newer models.

Other than that, though, I agree with you - that machine rocks, and I want one. Better start doing the lottery wink

Rgds

AndyF

It's nice however I would like to see how things work with an Athlon FX-53 using the Vapochill system cooling and an ATi Radeon X800 XT Platinum instead. I'd also upgrade the memory to MAX just because pricing is no object here wink

One note you folks may want to look at for NAS storage would be this little solution laugh

I like the idea of being able to dual-boot Windows 32-bit and 64-bit on different partitions when using an Athlon 64/FX/Opteron CPU wink

Also you can use a Linux distro for 64-bit support as well...

Actually I've built a couple of Athlon 64 boxes as gaming rigs, I actually noticed that the 32-bit XP Pro ran a bit faster, the desktop seemed to be quicker in refreshing and such. Just fealt smoother et.al. laugh

The other thing to note is that all the AMD64 CPU's have the no-execute bit in hardware too wink

Oh and one other tidbit of info on about the Athlon 64-FX's/Opteron's and the newest socket 939 CPU's is that they have the memory controllers right on the CPU, nice bit of memory bandwidth enhancement as well laugh