Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
marek94

Connection problems with SIS 900 PCI Ethernet card

Hi,

my flat mate has a laptop with an integrated SIS 900 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter and he has troubels connecting to the in house DSL connection.

Even though ipconfig shows that the laptop is connected to the DSL network, he can't open any website and he has no incoming packets on his network connection. Windows XP firewall has been disabled.

Trying to ping the gateway address he gets a time out.

I hooked his laptop up to my network hub and even then dsl internet did not work from that laptop. Pinging the gateway from my computer works, pinging his laptop works fine and the laptop receives 4 packates per ping prompt but apart from that nothing is coming in.

It can't be the cable as we tried it with my laptop cable which is working perfectlly for me.

We allready checked that our network connections are setup identically but nothing seems to help.

Does anybody know what else we could try and perhaps what might be the cause of the whole problem?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Marek

Right click on the IE icon and select properties. Then, click on the connection tab, then click on the Lan button. Make sure that he is not running any proxy and click on the box to select a connection automatically.

Just wondering what the IE icon is since I have a similar problem with my laptop. My connection works through USB but not through the ethernet cable