Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
maveric007

Fedora Kernel Perfomance Upgrade

I get battered on a daily basis from alot of my friends in the linux community about using fedora due to the slow kernels that they are posting which really didn't bother me until I tried a new kernel. I went to linux-militia.net just looking for some doom3 how to's and found a kernel they have posted on the front page. I figured I would just give it a try and I will be damned but that kernel literly cut my compile times in half and added about 30 fps in my games. I suggest everyone give it a try. Being not the best at linux I had a admin give me steps on how to do this. They are posting a how to tonight to do this in fedora I really urge you guys to give it a try and see the performance increase. Its really nutty how much faster it is.Its called the ck performance kernel you will find it and the how to in the upper left hand of the site. www.linux-militia.net

I think it would work better with Fedora Core 2 which I don't have installed. I might still try it though, thanks..

You can try with core 1 but its not nessarly stable. But you never know we got it to work but had some issues. The how to will be up in about a hour just waiting on the site admin.