Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
WRX_Rocky

Help building a gaming system

It would have been really cool for once in my life to say that I would like to build a system where money is no object, and that is kind of what I will be asking here. But sadly, it is because my last surviving Parent just passed away. So there is not that much joy in that frown

So, currently I have the ABIT MAX3 mobo with the AMD 64/3200+, 1 GIG of Corsair DDR400 memory, ATi 9700 PRO, SB Audigy 2, and a 250 MEG Maxtor SATA drive - as well as an older 21" monitor (its a Cybervision, but has Viewsonic components in it).

1) what would be the current leading CPU - I imagine I'd be going again with an AMD 64 bit chip????

2) which mobo, and which socket? (and considering both 1 & 2, the easiest to OC as well)

3) memory???????

4) vid card - I used to be an NVidia user, but have been quite happy with ATi now = will be playing Doom3, Half Live 2 (WHEN it comes out) as well as DAOC and any military combat sim I can get my hands on

4) is it REALLY good to go with a complete SATA RAID setup? Heard that some utilities have problems with the RAID setup . . .

5) what is the best and largest LCD screen (WITH DVI) that is available right now? I have heard that 17" is the largest with the fastest screen reaction times at the moment.

Thanks for any help. And this WILL be something that I will remember my Dad for!!!!!!!!!!