Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
junno

Does anyone know how to open up a computer?

I believe fan on my Power supply or something broke since when i play a game such as WC SC CS or D2, shortly after my computer shuts down.. So i tried to open up the computer so i can replace the power supply but i cant seem to open it.. It sounds kind of stupid but my computer is Sony Vaio PCV-RX755.. i can get the top cover off but other than that.. i cant remove anything else and if i use too much force im afraid i'll break the computer so does anyone know how to open it?

Originally posted by junno:

Quote:
I believe fan on my Power supply or something broke since when i play a game such as WC SC CS or D2, shortly after my computer shuts down.. So i tried to open up the computer so i can replace the power supply but i cant seem to open it.. It sounds kind of stupid but my computer is Sony Vaio PCV-RX755.. i can get the top cover off but other than that.. i cant remove anything else and if i use too much force im afraid i'll break the computer so does anyone know how to open it?

Actually once i had the exact same problem!!! a customer brought one of these things for me to add something to it and i couldn't figure out how to open it. I think on the model i worked on first the top comes off, then the face plate (the front) and then the sides come out. :x

I couldn't figure that out on my own thou!!! the customer had to come back all the way to the shop just to show me how to open the darn thing!!! shocked

good luck! wink

PCV-RX755.

remove power supply.

Facing the back of the computer depress the tab in the

upper right corner and the side will come off.

Next place the unit on its side and locate and remove 1 screw

holding the PS in place. Then press press the locking tab

and lift the power supply up and disconnect it.

hope that helps.

I found the replacement cost of the power supply was more than

a new case that comes with a better supply in it.

Roger

Well actually you put your finger in the slot/hole on the upper right side and pull the tab towards you. Side pops open. This is not one of the 2 tabs on the center top piece. Slot is 1 inch below the top, 1/2 inch in from the side panel.