Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ok_interested

Auto Backup Folders onto Another Computer and Burn

This is what I am trying to do, and I need help getting it to work.

I have two computers networked both with windows xp sp1.

I would like to create a bat file which I can then put into windows schedualing so that the following will occur.

All Contents(including subdir) of <Folder A> on <computer A> to be copied to <Shared Folder B> on <computer B> and overwrite contents of <shared Folder B>.

The shared folder on computer B, allows for read/write and I dont need a password when connecting to it from windows explorer.

Then once all is copied over I would like Computer B to have a bat file which I can schedual to run, which will burn the contents of shared folder B , to a CDRW or DVDRW disk, using nerocmd.exe

I dont know how to get nerocmd to accomplish this, as im not sure if it will write folder contents, or just .iso's and img files?

I Could really use clear cut and paste steps to accomplish all the above as I know very little about writing batch files.

Also if anyone knows of any neat free app that does all the above feel free to point it out.

thanks for all your help.

Xcopy or XXCopy is probably going to be a good place to start.

A batch file is just a text file with the exact same commands that you would type at a "DOS" or command prompt.

first off i figured out how to use nerocmd. so thats one thing less to think about.

I know what a batch file is.

Here is the one I have started with.

@echo off

set SOURCE="C:\FolderA"

set TARGET="\\ComputerB\CompB Shared Folder\Test"

set templog="%temp%\temp.log"

;

echo . >>%windir%\backup.log

echo Starting Backup: %date% %time% from %SOURCE% to %TARGET% >>%windir%\backup.log

xcopy %SOURCE% %TARGET% /m /s /v /c /i /f /h /k /o /x /y >>%windir%\backup.log

echo All done >>%windir%\backup.log

start notepad.exe %windir%\backup.log

of course i have my respective computer and folder names, instead of those mentioned above. However the above dosent work as it states access denied. I find this strange since i have full access without need for paswords etc, when i use windows explorer.

when I include md%target% , then it just creates Test directory and dosent copy over anything.

I will read those pages you sent.

As i have mentioned im not good at writing these kind of bat files.

Any further help would be great.

Thanks.