Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Visceroid

can't Access a single site anymore.

I've several computers at my home site. 3 of them are using a windows 2000 advanced server router to access the internet and 1 is connected directly to the providers router.

The strange thing is that only from the main computer (connected directly to the providers router) can't access a single website anymore.

I will not post what website it is cause it's a private one but I would like to have some help to make my computer able to connect to it again.

I can ping and trace the website from this computer but neither Internet Explorer nor Mozilla Firefox are able to connect to the site.

I'm using Windows XP SP2 English and Mozilla Firefox 0.93.

It's no provider lock, as I called the provider and they told me everything is ok also every other computer in the network is able to connect to the site.

I also tried to change my providers supplied static IP with no success - still the same - can't access the site.

This happens for only 1 website.

Please help me - thanks in advance.

Check the Default Gateway and DNS settings on TCPIP settings as this can affect access to internet.

I was in a hurry in the morning so I forgot to mention following things:

TCP/IP Settings

Router Firewall Settings

WinXP Firewall Settings

Browser Security Settings

are all ok.

I did a "ipconfig /flusdns" without any success.

I checked the "hosts" file from windows. Nothing in there.

F-Secure cant find any viruses.

Pestpatrol couldn't find any spyware or anything that could do that.

So it seems to be either an unknown program or some settings somewhere hidden in Windows XP.

I also searched the registry for the URL of the site but couldn't find anything either.

The strange thing is that it already worked on this system and stopped working for one day.

So it seems my knowledge isn't enough to fix this problem and I would like not to be forced to re-install my system again.

Try accessing the page with the XPFirewall disabled. If you are able then to get through, you can go into the XPFirewall into the excludes for this page and re-enable the Firewall.

Sorry, should have asked this question earlier. Are you working through a proxy with your internet connection or is it directly connected?

I'm on a cable connection without any proxies. I also tried to disable the XP Firewall withou any success frown

Soon I start to believe that I need to re-install again frown

Thx for the answers but it seems that my WinXP is loosing more and more of its shape so I'm going to format my computer today or tomorrow and go for Win2k again.

Nice short try with WinXP witch wasn't really that positive.

Back online thanks to Win2k. Everything works again... no more problems accessing sites on the Internet. Also serveral other problems disapeared with the setup of Win2k.

So it is and it still will be the best in several months!