Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jmmijo

Chaintech MPM800 Issues

Ok, has anybody used this board before, I've tried two different motherboards and both have issues with both Radeon and nVidia GPU cards. The most compatible seems to be the Radeon 7000 card.

http://www.chaintechusa.com/tw/eng/product_spec.asp?MPSNo=13&PISNo=204

Basically the machine will BSOD after the initial reboot of the Catalyst drivers, both v4.6 and 4.5. As for the nVidia card, I just grabbed a GeForce FX 5200 and it locks up during the initial install of XP.

Went into the BIOS settings and turned everything to off or slow, including changing the AGP to 4x and no fast writes etc.

I've also tried using the following memory modules.

Apacer 512MB/DDR400

Kingston ValueRAM 512MB/DDR400

TwinMOS 256MB/DDR400

Of course this is a fairly new board and there are not any BIOS updates yet and the boards I have are the same rev as on their website.

Any tips would be appreciated but I have my doubts about this board as I've never liked Paintech boards frown

Well talking to our system builder tech support rep at Paintech, it seems there maybe some kind of issue with this mobo. Hmm, since I used all the same parts on an Asus P4R800-VM motherboard and everything worked just fine, I have to conclude this model motherboard just plain sucks frown

you can solve your problem by reloading your os or running a system restore to the point where you loaded the mobo drivers. do not load the service pack for the board from the cd supplied with the board.

this worked for me.

The board runs great and it out benched the asus board.

chaintech products rock!!!!

Originally posted by sylo:

Quote:
you can solve your problem by reloading your os or running a system restore to the point where you loaded the mobo drivers. do not load the service pack for the board from the cd supplied with the board.

this worked for me.

The board runs great and it out benched the asus board.

chaintech products rock!!!!

Actually this didn't work, I tried multiple times of deleting the partition and reformatting the HD, long format instead of quick via our pre-install CD's. I even tried another CD to no avail, also different graphics cards and memory sticks didn't help at all I'm afraid frown

As for the benchmarks, well that may as well be but I'm afraid that our clients *ONLY* want reliability, not performance and besides the Asus solution was just what the client wanted and they have since placed and order for 25 identical systems, enough said wink

As for Paintech, well their quality control sucks as I've had issues with their boards since the Socket 370 days, blech frown