Make Firefox even faster!
Posted 21 July 2004 - 01:01 AM
1. Type "about:config" in the adress field.
2. Set the value of network.http.pipelining to "true".
3. Set the value of network.http.pipelining.maxrequests to "100".
4. Set the value of network.http.proxy.pipelining to "true"
5. Set the value of nglayout.initialpaint.delay to "0"
Yep, Tested it myself. Increases Mozilla Firefox speed and MAY also work for Mozilla.
Taken from http://www.computerbb.org/about150.html
Posted 21 July 2004 - 10:27 PM
on this line
Set the value of network.http.pipelining.maxrequests to "100".
i read the more you push the faster it gets so i pushed mine to 250 works great
and heres some more i skimmed through em and they look helpful
it seems wherever i looked they posted back to this site
Posted 22 July 2004 - 03:05 AM
i know im actually moving at cable broadband speeds
im sure if you play round with the config file youll get more speed somehow
allright i pushed the pipeline maxrequests to 1550 and had it on for 2 hours without crashing
SPEED it fast
Posted 08 September 2004 - 05:05 PM
i am using firefox 0.9.3, and i can't find most of these settings in my "about:config". these are the options that i can't find.
Can someone please tell me what is wrong.
Posted 18 October 2004 - 02:00 PM
Posted 08 November 2005 - 02:45 PM