Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
XianDrinker

SONY VAIO LCD Screen....(40 Pin?)

Hey guys,

I just aquired a Sony Vaio LCD screen, i was expecting the plug on the end of the screen to be DVI-I ETC, but more like a 40 pin...

(to be exact its a PCVA 15XTAP) i tried doing a google search but all the pages are in Jap..

It is not your usual DVI style either, looks kinda like a SCSI port, with no pins really, but more of a... or this is stupid..

lmao.gif

Anyway its more like that..

now i am trying to plug this into my Radeon 9800 pro

so if anyone could help me establish or tell me what sort

of plug it is, i would be very greatful!!!

thanks in advance!

I have done a little research on my behalf, and yours. I have a similar monitor avialible to me and I was curious about converting it as well. The good news it can be done. The bad news is you have to be fairly good at understanding electronics diagrams inorder to do it. It turns out that this connector is of the DVI family but it also contains the Data lines for (or of) the keyboard, mouse, and USB. Let me research the findings I have made alittle more indepth, and I will make a translation of how to do this. When I say traslation the only pages that have info on the subject are Japanese, and I have a good buddy who's translating them for me.

So just hang loose for a minute, while I try to figure this out !! :)_

HI...

I HAVE A SAME LCD MONITOR AND HAVING A SAME PROBLEM I LOOKED ALL OVER A CITY TRYING TO FIND A CONVERTER FROM THAT 40 PIN DVI OR WHAT EVER YOU CALL IT TO A VGA SO I CAN HOOK IT UP TO MY RADEON 8500 LE VIDEO CARD. IF ANY ONE KNOWS WHERE TO GET IT PLEASE LET US KNOW OR IF THERE ARE NONE OF THOSE THEN I BUY A NEW LCD....

How did the monitor come without cables and connections? did you guys import these things or what?

would you please post a link or something to see where these monitors are available and how much they are. even if you guys post where you bought the monitors from (or some site with the specs) would be nice.

Thanks smile

Hi guys,

Has anyone found out if its possible to convert this Sony monitor adapter to a standard DVI or VGA port? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Smasher