Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Xetenor

Win 2000 Pro keeps putting back old driver for my modem!

Why does it do that. I installed the v5.66 for my Lucent Winmodem, and when I rebooted and came back, it was the driver v5.41g that came with the Windows 2000 Pro installation! I need help please.

are u evens ure it installed them in the beginning? man people get confused because it just reinstalls their old drivers and they thing it installed the new ones. Delte the old inf/pnf files in ur winnt\inf\ directory.

Well, when I ran the setup, Windows 2000 came with a dialog that asked me if I was sure if I wanted to install the driver and the only buttons I saw were: Yes, no, more info. I always pressed YES, and also overwrote any files. What are those PNF files anyway? Should I delete every single one I find in the winnt/inf directory?

good lor dI hope u didint delete all of those. I dont know what level newbie you are so if Im not descriptive enough please tell me and Ill try to elaborate more.

WIn2k when its up[censored]/installing it should tell u what its about to install:

http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Lounge/6024/Images/up[censored]_drivers.jpg

I took some quick screen caps to help ya along.

NOw that file that is listed is called oem1.inf and is lcoated in x:\winnt\inf\ directory.

Delete the oem1.inf and the oem1.pnf file manually by going to the directory and doing it.

then click back on taht same screen, and specify location again.

hope u get it.

Well, I can't find those files. I only see oem0.inf, but no oem1.inf and oem1.pnf. I know Windows 98 perfect, but I never actually used an NT OS. What is that oem1.inf? Thats the video card driver??

[This message has been edited by Xetenor (edited 02 February 2000).]

Well I installed the Voodoo banshee drivers correctly under Win 2k. I have Rogue Spear patched to the latest, but when I am in the game, the mouse coursor is messed up...it shows wrong colors when I move it around and messed up the screen, and while I am in the game, my fps are VEEEEERY SLOW! ABout 15fps I think. I think it runs software...In Windows 98, it runs perfect.