Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tako

Trouble burning second Mandrake 10 iso disk

Ok, i had no trouble burning the iso for the first disk but soon as I went to open the second iso I got the following message in nero express :

Foreign Image File

The entered block size does not correspond to the image length. The block size may be wrong. Do you want to correct the value or ignore the problem?

I'm using Nero Express on XP and have never received this message before and have no idea what to do next in order to correct the problem. the following screen after selecting correct has the following info:

Foreign Image Setings

Image type

Type of image (4 choices)Data Mode 1, Data Mode 2, Audio, HFS

(check box) Raw data

Settings

Block size [bytes] (2 choices) 2048,2352

Image header size [bytes] (type value here) 0

Image trailer size [bytes] (type value here} 0

(check box) Scrambled

(check box) Swapped

Could someone please help me figure what to do. I tried pressing ignore on the first message and all i got was a coaster for my coffee mug.

Did you run md5sum on the ISO images before burning?

That's all I can think of is that the image is not all there. That happens when downloading sometimes. If not that danleff can probably figure this one out. Sorry I couldn't help more.

This is the first time I've ever used checksums. THANK YOU! You were right, the iso didn't download correctly. That little md5checksum.exe sure will come in handy now that I know about it.

I'm going to re-download the 2nd iso and hopefully it works this time. thanks Dapper Dan