Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vamshikrishnareddy

is there any system file checked (SFC) in windows 2000 and how can i recover the

hi

please let me know how to recover the system files(required ones) from the win 2000 prof cd rom. There is an option SFC in win98 is there any similar application which can do me the same thing in win 2000 prof.

help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Start->Run->sfc /scannow

Be sure to have your original installation media nearby. Usually, this is your Windows 2000 CD.

I have a question about doing this that has been in the back of my mind for a while now and seeing as this thread is talking about SFC I might as well ask.

I was wondering if their are compatibility issues once service packs are installed and you run SFC and it replaces files from the original win2k cd. Won't those files replaced be older then the current files you have (assuming your using SP4 as an example). Would you want to re-install whatever current SP your running after doing an SFC?

Hopefully I have explained myself correctly but if you don't know what I am getting at let me know and I will re-ask with a better explaination.

txs

S

Originally posted by adamvjackson:

Quote:
Actually it prompts for your service pack installation CD.

but mine is only SP1 and I currently use SP4.

as you can see I never do a SFC!

smile

by that point I just re-install or restore an image.

S