Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
adamvjackson

"READ ALL ABOUT IT" (lol): Doom III due August 3rd - 5th people!

Too bad I'll have to invest in new hardware to (properly) enjoy this game... I've been looking forward to this game for ... oh, 10 years?

laugh

I've been playing Doom, Doom 2, Final Doom, and Ultimate Doom with http://legacy.newdoom.com Doom Legacy. Quite fun!

So I wonder if there will be facilities for MOD making or not. This was one of the best features of the original Doom and Doom II laugh

I think most every other ID game has allowed mod making, so I would be *very* surprised if there wasn't that functionality.

Originally posted by Alec§taar:

Quote:

P.S.=> I cannot wait to nab this one gents... Only a couple of weeks away now! Nicest part about it though? I just got a letter for a firm that creates security tools in Borland Delphi and Borland C++ Builder outta Boulder Colorado... they're offering me relocation money to go work with their near 100 person team to go and be a developer for them, sounds right up my alley & I would not mind travelling to that part of the nation either to go work on something I am VERY interested in: Delphi & Security related work for Win32 systems! I will be able to afford buying it without hurting other things in my financial picture or plans for it in the future... apk

Sounds like good news APK, hope things work out for you in this regard then wink

As for the new hardware requirment for Half-Life 2 and/or Doom 3 well I think I'm set for now. I bit the bullet last night and purchased a Celestica Radeon X800 Pro. This card just screams I must say. Diablo 2 never moved so fast laugh

Perhaps after some more testing, like over the weekend I'll post in the New Gadgets of the Week thread...

Originally posted by adamvjackson:

Quote:
Is the "What computer part did you buy this week" thread still going?? Wow... laugh

Yes it is smile

Very nice character there APK laugh

As for the X800 Pro, well I hear, and this maybe only fiction, is that most/many of the first released cards are actually the X800 Platinum GPU's but the cards firmware is locking out 4 of the pipelines and the other features that are different. Supposedly there is a hack for the firmware to enable these missing features wink

Woohoo.. I have had mine pre-ordered for 6 months or so.

good price too smile

www.mx2.co.uk = £17.95 <-- Beat THAT!

Hope they deliver smile

Originally posted by Alec§taar:

Quote:

{snippage}

Hey, jmmijo, you build custom maps by any chance?

APK

I've dabled a bit but really have no artistic back ground I'm afraid frown

I actually am not bad at the design stuff and what works and what doesn't work.

However I still have Diablo 2: LOD on the brain and have really started to get into MODding this game to how I want it to be laugh

This is where the issue can effect some and not others. I guess addiction is like anything else, too much of a good thing you might say wink

As for me I've never got into playing Evercrack, why, because it's an online only game frown

I'd play it if there was a single player component but since there isn't it's not for me and besides you have to pay Sony a monthly fee for playing, blech...........

Since I'm an OLD hack from the Osborne/Kaypro/TRS-80 days, I've seen my fill of fads come and go and to me the first cracklike game was one called Firepower for the Amiga. This is the main reason I bought one, I couldn't afford a model 1000 back in 1985 so waited until the 500 came out. Now there was a machine I tells ya laugh

I'm glad to see Carmack and Co. re-working the single player mode so much, here's to hoping that the MODding crowd get's into D3 as much as they did with the other two laugh

It's amazing how many MOD compilations were released back then, I have quite a few of them on CD but I bet there were hundreds more released that I never saw or could find wink

Just received this :-

=================

Dear Customer

With reference to your order for Doom 3 on PC, the version that you have

ordered (Doom 3 Standard Edition PC400) has now been delayed by the

Publisher Activision until October, however they have decided to release a

Special Edition of this game that will be available on 13th August. At this

time it is not know what the Special Edition contains, but we have been

informed unofficially, that the packaging will be in a double sized DVD Case

with an extra game guide enclosed.

Would you like to keep your existing order with us for the Doom 3 Standard

Edition that we will despatch as soon as it is released, sometime in

October? Or would you like to change your order to the Special Edition at

the increased price of £24.95 (additional £7 Charge)?

====================

Cool eh?

/me changes order!!!! :)~

That's the same price as a normal game here in the UK smile

Woohoo..

Re: The steel case, yeah it probably will be.

TBH, if it was more than the price quoted I wouldn't have bought it. I just didn't want to wait over a month to get my copy.

With the case thing, it doen't matter to me, I just want the game. smile

I too have the metal can edition of Quake III Arena, very nice indeed.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein however is just the normal boxed version for me wink

Both normal boxed versions of those games for me.

I just find they take up too much room, so I put the boxes up out of the way, and just put the cd-case on my pc game shelf smile

Just had another email: -

========================

Dear Customer

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Latest update with reference to Doom 3 on PC.

We now have email confirmation from Activision the game publisher, stating

the following.

“There is a limited edition launch on 13th August. This will be a normal

scanavo case inserted into a premium card box outer.

The premium box will be available for a limited time only (roughly 8-10

weeks), after which the card outer will be removed, leaving just the

standard edition in the marketplace.”

Would you like to keep your existing order with us or change your order?

Please can you reply to this e-mail stating:-

Limited edition requested (£24.95)

Release Date 13th August 2004

or

Standard edition requested (£17.95)

Release Date Mid October 2004

========================

Hmm..Bit stingy just having a cardboard cover...but still..I'd rather not wait until mid Oct. smile