Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dr_st

How to VIOLENTLY delete files from NTFS partitions?

It seems as though a solution has already been found. But here is another idea.

Try download a version of knoppix linux that has full nfts read/write support Kanotix. Just download the ISO, burn, and pop it in your CD drive (Its a live CD, there is no installation, it runs fully from the CD). You just boot up and it gives you a full linux graphical distrobution that has the ability to read and write to your ntfs drive. You can then delete the windows directory and leave the stuff you actually want.

Give it a try, I us Knoppix all the time while building systems, its much easier to do a full burn in test of all the components before putting windows on.

Originally posted by kref1:

Quote:
It seems as though a solution has already been found. But here is another idea.

Try download a version of knoppix linux that has full nfts read/write support Kanotix.

Why, thank you too! I actually have a Knoppix CD. A friend, who's a Linux freak has insisted on giving it to me. I don't know if it has Kanotix, though. I must admit shamefully, that I feel much more comfortable with DOS than with Linux, though.

DR_ST, you may be interested in knowing that the Offline NT Password & Registry editor that was linked to above was just updated a few days ago, apparently fixing a bug that could happen when writing back to the NTFS partition.

So should you use it, I would recommend an upgrade. I just happened across that page a few days ago, and it's definately a great, great tool.

Cheers smile