Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iamroot

just installed wine but have no idea where the wine-c folder is

I just installed wine in fedora core 2 but I have no idea where the wine-c folder is so i cant check where my windows installed apps are. I checked /usr/share but its not there. Someone help me here?

for those who don't have 'locate' in their distro, try:

whereis wine

or the ultimate:

find / -type d -name wine\* 2> /dev/null

translated: find all directories whose name begins with "wine", list their names,

and send all error messages like "permission denied" to the bit-bucket.

I installed using the rpms. I did a locate wine and found this

home/dangel/.wine/drive_c

With dangel being my user account name. However i cant see anything in the directory at all.

I'm not real sure how regular old wine works, but Win4lin, Winex3 and Crossover make a "fake" "c" or windows directory, where winddows programs are installed, usually hidden. Likely there won't be much, if anything in there until you install a Windows program.

What Window apps are you trying to run? Also, if it's the executable you're looking for, I would think it, or at least a link to it would be installed in /usr/bin.

I intend to install Warcraft 3. I would use Cedega if i could but i'm still a student and have no access to credit cards.

There is a "free" version of Winex3/Cedega, but it comes as source and you have to compile it. Look on their site for more details.