Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Richard P

QuickTime 5/6 won't doesn't like my XP Pro SP!

Did the issue posted by Pikey get resolved?

I am trying to install on windows XP Home edition QuickTime as the application required for my recently purchased 20 GB iPod.

The messgage I get is "The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\System32\Quicktime.qts. is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette"

I also get this message on boot up "Quicktime failed to initialize. Error# - 2903. Please make sure that Quicktime is properly installed on this computer"

I have removed and reinstalled the programme a couple of times from the disc and removed Quicktime a couple of times and downloaded it seperately from their site but always with the same result.

Is Pikey or anyone able to advise me?

Thank you,

Richard P

After you have uninstalled Quicktime, go into your \Windows\System32 directory and make sure the Quicktime.qts is deleted.

Next, what version of Java are you using? Perhaps, you should download a more recent version.

Essentially, what I make of this error is that a pretimed window is to be opened and if it fails, to shut the process down. Quicktime was created to work on Macs not Windows. Windows MFC won't allow for those kinds of windows any longer. Had you inadvertantly downloaded the Mac installer previously and tried to run it, then tried to install the Windows version? Or had the software from the ipod tried to do so?

I've the same problem with quicktime running on a Windows xp home edition, the same message about the file .qts.

I checked in the system 32, there is a folder named Quicktime, containing also the file .qts.

What do you think should I do? Cancel the whole folder? or only the file? Am I going to create some kind of mess with other applications?

I think these are stupid questions but... forgive me, I'm not an expert...

Thank you for your help!

:P