Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CyberGenX

Low FPS in Battlefield Vietnam

Ok this is a fun one. I recently purchased two copies of BFV, one for my wife and one for me. Here are our setups:

Hers: AMD XP 2500+ 400MHz BUS

512MB DDR 400

Geforce4 Ti 4200 128MB

WindowsXP SP1

Mine: P4 3.0GHz 800MHz Bus

1024MB DDR 400 Dual Channel

GeforceFX 5500 256MB 8X

and/or ATI 9600 256MB 8X

WindowsXP SP1 and Windows Server 2003

I have the same drivers and the graphix settings are identical for the 2 nVidia based cards both in windows and in the game, however my wife get almost twice the FPS that I do!!! WTF!!! I get the same frames with the ATI card... She is getting like 60FPS avg. I get like 30 to 40FPS avg.

Why is she getting more frames? Is that Ti card just that bad @ss?

That's pretty weird... The only thing that I can think of is maybe you have more things running in the background. It might be adware, and if so you can download Ad-aware to fix that. If it's not adware, you can type "msconfig" into run, go to the startup tab, and see what all is running. Disabling some things (be careful what you disable, though) should speed up your PC...

I appreciate your help. However this is happening on fresh installs with the latest updates, drivers, anti-virus. etc. On 1 of the installs I NEVER connected it to the internet, rather electing to update from a clean CDROM with all the manual update downloads. I turn off all the unecessary services etc. only thing i can think of is my MB or memory maybe bad...

Are you using the same resolution on each PC?

Is one using a small monitor and the other a large monitor?

It's the same PC each time. I just either switch the vcard or switch operating systems (fresh install). 21 INCH Sony monitor and yes the same res. each time. 1024X768X32 in the game.