Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Big Dude

directsound output driver v 2.210 error

hi just put xp pro on pc and went to play music and this came up :: bad direct sound driver.Please install proper drivers or select another device in configuration.

Error Code : 88780078

CAN SOME ONE PLS HELP ME LOL NOT SURE WHAT TO DO

THXS SO MUCH FOR ANY HELP BIG DUDE smile

If your motherboard has its sound device directly on it, you could try either of two things.

1)Uninstall the device driver for the sound, reboot, and let the hardware device manager find the sound as a new device and have it find the driver over the internet Via Microsoft.

or

2) Go to the motherboard's home page and download the sound driver from it and install it.

hi there

sampson no worrys mate did the frist thing up and running thxs for that good stuff

thxs mate Big Dude smilesmile

i have the same problem!

also, when i double-click the little volume icon in the bottom right, i get the message "There are no active mixer devices avaliable. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Add Hardware. This program will now close" and it closes

sampson: how do i know what the device driver is? i've gone through the list of 'add/remove programs' and i cant see it... how do i unistall it?

Depending on whether the sound driver is onboard or for a separate sound card, the driver can be most easily found by getting into your Device Manager. Right click on the My Computer icon on your desktop, then choose Properties. From the Window that comes up click on the Hardware tab. When the next window that comes up, click on the Device Manager button. The window with the device manager will appear. Look for the listing that says Sound, video, and games controller. Click on the "+" next to this and you will see the various components, one of which will be the sound driver. For most onboard drivers, it will be Realteck AC'97. You will also find the Audio Codec and Legacy Codecs. It is is here that you can update or uninstall the Audio drivers.

all that is listed is:

Quote:

Audio Codecs

Legacy Audio Drivers

Legacy Video Capture Devices

Media Control Devices

Video Codecs

so i must of unistalled or deleted my driver?

Yes, the driver is missing for your sound device. If you have onboard sound, you want to visit the webpage of your motherboard to get the correct driver.

If it is a sound card, go to the support webpage for that card, download and install it.

thanks for pointing me in the right direction sampson smile

people like you rock

hi i have the same problem but im not sure what motherboard i have i have onboard sound please help thanks

You can download a program called cpuz.exe which can sometimes give you the name of the motherboard. For a more exhaustive way of identifying your motherboard, you can go here: http://www.motherboards.org/tools/moboidtools.html And, then there is the final way with a screwdriver and plyers of opening the case and with flashlight and spyglass looking on the motherboard for the manufacturer and name.

can you help me cuz i no what computer i have but im not sure what to do its a compaq pesario 6000 pesario 5421us not sure if that helps hope so thanks

You will need to go to this page: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHome?lc=en?=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=top and you will need to be specific as to the number for the Presario. While you call it a 6000, you need to look at the back of the computer to find the whole description. It could be a 6000EA, 6000Z, or any one of several. This will make a difference since you could have anything from a ADI soundmax 1881 to a Soundblaster 5.1 in your machine.

yes i have the same proble but with win 98...any one no how i can fixed it

philipe martel

thank you

hey sorry its me agian philipe, my proble is that when i go to play music and this came up :: bad direct sound driver.Please install proper drivers or select another device in configuration.

Error Code : 88780078

if u can help that would be appreciated...thanks

ps: i have windows 98

hello all i have the same problem as big dude and i followed option 1 and it didnt search the intenet and for option 2 i have no idea on finding out your mother boards name so any help would be very nice

my processor is a AMD athlon 64 3300+

i have the same problem as everyone else and i am totally lost of how to slove this problem.. i really need help..PLEASE HELP ME ~~

heya everyone. my processor is AMD athlon 64 3300+

i have the same problem as everyone and i am totally lost of solving this problem..

i really need help. please reply smile

Right click on My Computer, click on Properties from the menu, click on Hardware tab from the popup window, click on the Device Manager button. At the final window click on the "+" next to Sound, video, game drivers. If your sound driver is onboard your motherboard, it is probably a Realtek AC'97, otherwise, look to see if you have something like Soundblaster. Since you are not sure what to do, after you get this information, come back, tell us, and someone will guide you through the installation process.

yes i found out it is a Realtek AC'97...so do i go to the website and install the sound driver ??