Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iamroot

unable to mount usb drives in linux

Everytime i try to mount my usb drive in linux, i get an error msg which says : unable to read superblock. How do i solve this??

FOr usb drive i have just same problems...but...i solv this problem on this way..in hard drake ...search usb disk (sda) ... then click run config tool...then in config tool click DONE)... the hard drake ...and WALLA...( i have IOMEGA 120GB 2.0 USB disk)

Fedora Core 2?

Could you post what commands/method that you are using to access the drive and if it is listed in your /etc/fstab file.

danleff I'm running Core 1 and 2. Core 1 has to be configured but Core 2 is set up to recognize and mount USB. Pretty neat huh?

This is good news! I had heard that core 2 did not have a supermount option built in. I'll have to try it and see. DapperDan, did you use the upgrade route to core 2 or fresh install?

Any problem with the issue with reading or changing your windows partition?

Fresh install. But let me have a second look at it to make sure I didn't just dream it had built in USB file device support. I'll get back soon.. smile

Yes, I was correct. Without any programing on my part, Fedora 2 found and mounted my USB stick that I just happened to have plugged in when I did the install! smile

Huh? When i plugged in my usb drive, a folder appeared in my /mnt directory which was named flash. But when i clicked it, there was nothing inside.

Using gedit as root, check your /etc/fstab and tell me if you have a line that looks like this toward the bottom...

Code:
/dev/sda1               /mnt/flash              auto    noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0 

It may be just a matter of mounting it. As root go:

mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/flash [enter]

Then:

mount /mnt/flash [enter]

Also try leaving your USB device plugged in before booting/rebooting. My guess is that it will be mounted at startup and you'll then have access to it without having to mount it yourself.

I am a linux newbie and i don't know how to mount my usb cable with nokia n-gage.

Back in windows it was seen like local disk..just copy and paste and i could do some stuff.

I just want to do the same in linux...any help?

I have knoppix v.3.3

Is this like one of those picture imaging programs? If so, I just don't know if there is an equivalant Linux program that gives any support for it.

Are your pictures on a USB storage device or are you trying to download them to your box directly from a camera via a USB cable? If camera via USB cable, I wouldn't know how to do that. If taking out a USB storage device and plugging it into your computer, we can probably make that happen. What distro are you using?