Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sens

fedora Core2 Problem

hi

i was wondering if know wat graphics card is compatible with Fedora Core2 , my X windows server is not starting and i dont have a GUI..please get back tome

thanks

harish

email : ssens@temple.edu

Most graphics cards by NVIDIA or ATI shouldn't have a problem. However to fully enable openGL and 3D optimization, u have to install drivers which currnelt have problem with FC2. For NVIDIA cards that is.

iamroot, is it a problem just with Fedora 2, or are the present nvidia drivers not compatible with X.org?

Hello!

I use Mandrake 10 (with some Cooker Packages) and I also have troubles with Nvidia drivers since I've upgraded to X.org

All Mesa/OpenGL programs now simply lead to a X server crash, also with gcc 3.4 I can't even re-run the nvidia installer (I have to downgrade to gcc 3.3 for it to complete its setup properly)

So I had to choose ... NVidia driver without Mesa, or Mesa without NVidia driver

I was able to get Half-Life to run, with the 2.6 kernel, but it runs like it used to when using the nv drivers rather than the "nvidia" drivers under the 2.4 kernel. Thus, I think the problem with games is not with the 2.6 kernel, but rather with the stock X.org "drivers."

It's with the 2.6 kernel. At least thats what it says on the nvidia web-site. You can solve the problem by recompilling the kernel and disabling some stacks. Anyway how did u install half-life?

I already had HL installed under Core 1. When I installed Core 2 on another partition on my HD, I pointed it to my existing /home directory as the one it should use which already had HL installed at ~/.transgaming/c_drive/SIERRA/Half-Life. Winex3 installed without a problem under Core 2.

Under Core 2, HL ran extremely stilted. The exact same way it runs under the 2.4 kernel without 3-D and opengl supported drivers, or running the "nv" drivers.

Does this mean there is either presently or very soon to be 3-D and opengl support for X.org and 2.6?