Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tgg

Original IE issues with win 2000 sp4..........

I have windows 2000 sp4 and recently IE is acting glitchy wierd sometimes when i double click on either the IE icon or a favorite shortcut it takes about 10 seconds for the windows to come up and sometimes when it does it does fully load and freezes and when i close it out the end now window comes up etc.

Is there a program or something to do so i can repair IE, its the stock IE I never update cause I never had to I been lucky, and please dont say Oh i need to update IE or something cause If i would to format right now it will be fine, so obvuisly some program or something messed with the IE.

It may be spyware or you may have been surfing and picked up a BHO (a browser helper object) that attached itself to IE and this is causing the crash. You can use BHODemon2.0 (it's free) to see what BHO's exist and you can disble them. Or, you can try one of the browsers that use portions of IE but have their own interface that ignore IE plugins. Several of them are available for free and they give pretty decent popup protection: Avant, MyIE2, Slimbrowser, Crazybrowser. If they work, and IE doesn't, you probably have some BHO messing you up.