Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
armondf

Mandrake 9.2/10 and Promise PDC20265R/Fasttrack Install Issues

Ello,

I have been struggling with this installation now for the past 2 weeks. I just cannot get this system installed.

Problem: I have 2 identical servers each with an onboard Promise RAID device using the Fasttrack100 system to build and admin the Disk Arrays. In both machines, I have two 40Gb disks. I ran the Fasttrack100 Lite BIOS and set up the RAID. Thereafter, running install from Mandrake Boot CD's, I get through the install completely, however, after reboot, I end up with a black screen filled with "999999999" repeated. Curiously, When the install gets to the partition disks section, it picks up both IDE's as independent disks, rather as a single array...

I have tried with both Mandrake 9.2 and now with Mandrake 10.0 Official, but have had absolutely no luck. Does anyone know of a driver that can be used with either these two flavours of Mandrake? Any "step by step" help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Armond

I can't remmeber all the facts, as I do not have raid on my system, but this came up before in an earlier post. You need to set up the raid drives during the Mandrake install. What I seem to remember is that Linux will not see raid arrays set up by windows based software. Take a look at the following link, response #4.

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/history/165944