Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kriscoast

Any1 know where I can find PCI multimedia audio device driver?

I have a HP pavilion 8870 computer that has built in sound hardware, however my windows me cannot find a driver for the device (PCI multimedia audio device). The computer says that the device is plug and play. Does anyone know where to find driver??

I looking for PCI multimedia audio device, but I dont know company made my onboard sound card- someone know where I can find?

First, download freeware EVEREST Home Edition from Lavalys.

Install and start it.

When it is started, from the left panel select "Multimedia", then "PCI/PnP Audio".

On the right panel you should see your sound card(s) descriptions.

Then use Google to find drivers for it.

Iam having problems with sounds. Recently I deleated the last remaining part of windows media player and a few days later I put something in to play and it came up as "this program is unable to play file, this may be do to other programs running."

I went through help on the comp. and did and did some research. It came back with exclamation marks on PCI Multimedia Audio Player and an X on SCSI controlers. How do I fix this? Can I download a device to take the place of my current one?

I've been to everest home page and know the following:

Yahama Native DSI Audio CODEC

also: Running windows 98 on a Toshiba laptop

thanks

Go to this page http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_home.jsp and find your laptop. See if there are any updated drivers for it. Even if not updated, you might download and install those that are available. This may or may not restore your sound and CD.

If it does, you are golden. If not, get out your Windows 98 disk. You may need to re-install Windows. Of course, if you re-install, you will have to download the patches for 98 off of Microsoft's update webpage.

Wilhelmus- the laptop is a Satellite Pro 4200 series. If that would help anything.

Sampson- Thanks, I'll look. But unfortunatly I don't have a windows disk for this comp. I might be able to find one, if so what did you mean by "patches for 98"?

thanks

Sampson, I've gone to the Toshiba site before. The only problem is that under the models for satellite pro mine(4200 series) isn't there. Can I use a different model? like 4300?

It seems like I keep writing. However, I fixed the PCI device and now the sound and music works. If anyone has similar problems try 4260DVD as the modle for 4200 series.

Secondly, what is SCSI Controlers- HP EPST Paralel SCSI Adaptor?It comes up as an error code 10, this device is either not present, or does not have all drievers it requires.