Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
felix

resident spyware slapping program

Hi all,

I'm not really up on the latest spyware smack-down programs so I just run Ad-Aware, up[censored] it whenever an update is available.

I am wondering if there are any spyware smackers that run resident like a realtime virus-scan program?

I'd like to have Ad-Aware constantly running to check all files incoming and give them a digital enema, however I don't see that it has that function available. I want to use it at both work and home. Some of our users take their laptops home and you know the long story with kids/internet and complaints if you lock things down etc.

The next step would be to find out who payrolls the writers of the more malicious programs and go around to their houses to have a little chat. Something along the lines of what a plunge-router or hammer-drill can do to shin bones or similar topics would be discussed. I don't have a problem with the programmers (mostly) as they need to feed their families, put fuel in the car etc, but the people who bankroll these projects need a talking too.

Where will it stop? Will it be that everyone runs a dual-proc rig so that one processor does the normal work whilst the other runs real-time scanners/parsers and heuristic checkers for virii, spyware, trojans, embedded links in media files etc.

On that, I'm really looking forward to digital television becoming mainstream so that reference files for digital ads can be put out so that your computer can do some pattern matching on each stream and block streams that match known advertisements. I'd much rather my computer block recurring ads for McD's etc and replace it with my acquariam screensaver for the 3.5 mins of ads every 8.5 mins.

Enough rant.

F