7 replies to this topic

#1 redsai

redsai

stranger

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 08:18 AM

Hi yah,
I recently started recieving a message regarding a problem concerning nv4_disp and my picture tends to break up and get caught up in an infinite loop. I went through many websites to try and get this fixed but i'm still having problems. If someone may be able to help me out i'd be forever grateful. Thanks.

#2 AndyFair

AndyFair

old hand

• Members
  • 748 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 05:16 PM

Originally posted by redsai:
Quote:
Hi yah,
I recently started recieving a message regarding a problem concerning nv4_disp and my picture tends to break up and get caught up in an infinite loop. I went through many websites to try and get this fixed but i'm still having problems. If someone may be able to help me out i'd be forever grateful. Thanks.

Wow! I haven't seen the old nVidia infinite loop problem since the early days of WinXP. If I remember rightly, it was something to do with fast writes on the AGP port.

What motherboard and drivers are you using?

Rgds
AndyF

#3 redsai

redsai

stranger

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 10:21 PM

Andy F,
I have a pentium 4 processor and I have nvidia ti 4200 graphics card. I have the most up to date drivers. I currently reinstalled windows xp over my current one and I still have pixilation and graphic distortion. If you need any other specifications that could give you further indication of what's wrong let me know. I appreicate it.

Red

#4 Beelee

Beelee

stranger

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 10:02 PM

Hi!

I have the same problem! It's annoying me so very, very much... Did you shed any light on it? Does anyone else know the answer?

Thanks!
Beelee

#5 rastetter

rastetter

stranger

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 07:27 PM

Hey, I have the same problem.. same video card nvidia ti4200... but i've been having problems in addition to that loop... my computer freezes often, and i get some weird letters poping up randomly on start up and in bios settings... I'm pretty sure my motherboard is dieing, but will replaceing that fix that loop too?

#6 r0yaL

r0yaL

stranger

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 11:28 AM

I think i have the same Problem - But another Video Card.
Nvidia GeForce FX 5700LE.
There is upcoming a bluescreen (most times when i am in windows, not in games) saying that the Graphics Hardware was not probably controlled or programmerd by following file: nv4_disp
in english translated there is something standing about relooping (endlosschleife)

i will try the solution with regcleaner and totally uninstall or something else...

if anyone has a 100% solution for this - please contact me via ICQ AIM OR e-Mail
aim: nplmxrtsxlon
mail: NPLMxRTSxLoN@aol.com

#7 r0yaL

r0yaL

stranger

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 10:59 AM

i have tryed everything - no effect... same problem
BUT
i have uninstalled Nforce2 Drivers and downloaded 5.10...
SEEMS like working now... i'm not sure but this could be the solution ...

#8 tp004a

tp004a

stranger

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 01:23 PM

I resolved the issue by doing the following on a Dell 4550 with a clean install of windows xp.

I rebooted into windows safe mode with networking, and then I downloaded the latest driver from nvidia. This allowed me to boot into windows without blue screen.

Then I ran windows update again. I have not had a blue screen since.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq