Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
redsai

nv4_disp . . INFINITE LOOP Problem

Hi yah,

I recently started recieving a message regarding a problem concerning nv4_disp and my picture tends to break up and get caught up in an infinite loop. I went through many websites to try and get this fixed but i'm still having problems. If someone may be able to help me out i'd be forever grateful. Thanks.

Originally posted by redsai:

Quote:
Hi yah,

I recently started recieving a message regarding a problem concerning nv4_disp and my picture tends to break up and get caught up in an infinite loop. I went through many websites to try and get this fixed but i'm still having problems. If someone may be able to help me out i'd be forever grateful. Thanks.

Wow! I haven't seen the old nVidia infinite loop problem since the early days of WinXP. If I remember rightly, it was something to do with fast writes on the AGP port.

What motherboard and drivers are you using?

Rgds

AndyF

Andy F,

I have a pentium 4 processor and I have nvidia ti 4200 graphics card. I have the most up to date drivers. I currently reinstalled windows xp over my current one and I still have pixilation and graphic distortion. If you need any other specifications that could give you further indication of what's wrong let me know. I appreicate it.

Red

Hi!

I have the same problem! It's annoying me so very, very much... Did you shed any light on it? Does anyone else know the answer?

Thanks!

Beelee

Hey, I have the same problem.. same video card nvidia ti4200... but i've been having problems in addition to that loop... my computer freezes often, and i get some weird letters poping up randomly on start up and in bios settings... I'm pretty sure my motherboard is dieing, but will replaceing that fix that loop too?

I think i have the same Problem - But another Video Card.

Nvidia GeForce FX 5700LE.

There is upcoming a bluescreen (most times when i am in windows, not in games) saying that the Graphics Hardware was not probably controlled or programmerd by following file: nv4_disp

in english translated there is something standing about relooping (endlosschleife)

i will try the solution with regcleaner and totally uninstall or something else...

if anyone has a 100% solution for this - please contact me via ICQ AIM OR e-Mail

aim: nplmxrtsxlon

mail: NPLMxRTSxLoN@aol.com

i have tryed everything - no effect... same problem

BUT

i have uninstalled Nforce2 Drivers and downloaded 5.10...

SEEMS like working now... i'm not sure but this could be the solution ...

I resolved the issue by doing the following on a Dell 4550 with a clean install of windows xp.

I rebooted into windows safe mode with networking, and then I downloaded the latest driver from nvidia. This allowed me to boot into windows without blue screen.

Then I ran windows update again. I have not had a blue screen since.