Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Philipp

Debian Sarge - apt-get DVD/CD issue

I just tried the latest DVD snapshot of Debian Sarge (testing), but apt-get didn't recognizes the Debian DVD/CD during 'apt-get install'. Adding Debian DVD/CDs using apt-setup works without problems.

Any idea what's wrong? This was a clean install using the new Debian installer.

I found the problem. The release date (20040416) in the

Code:
deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Sarge_ - Official Snapshot i386 Binary-1 (20040416)]/ unstable contrib main

line was missing for some reason. apt-get is now working smile

Curious, how did you download the dvd snapshots? By jigdo? I'm having a heck of a time with jigdo-lite getting all the packages correctly to build the dvds. Seems like all the sites are not sync'ed well. Yes, I have the latest version of jigdo, using sarge to do the process.

Originally posted by danleff:

Quote:
Curious, how did you download the dvd snapshots? By jigdo? I'm having a heck of a time with jigdo-lite getting all the packages correctly to build the dvds. Seems like all the sites are not sync'ed well. Yes, I have the latest version of jigdo, using sarge to do the process.

Yes, I used jigdo to download the images. It seems like that sarge gets updated to fast for jigdo. I would start downloading sarge immediately after the release of the next snapshot (tomorrow/saturday).

There is also an alternative source of sarge/sid cd/dvds:

ftp://ftp.fsn.hu/pub/CDROM-Images/debian-unofficial/