Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mr_scroodge

Mechwarrior under windows XP

The bit about the weapons hitting invisible objects, or blowing up in your face, or your jump jets not recharging are not windows XP problems - they're to do with a speed problem with the game engine.

See, the game wasn't geared for computers this fast (guess they didn't think people would still be playing 10 years later! :P ). If you slow down the game process enough, the bugs will stop occuring.

What you need is a CPU killer program, such as CPU Grab, or Advanced Game Loader. With these, you can slow the game down and get it to work correctly.

You might want to check out my FAQ at netmech.org, it has information on this, and other issues running the MW2 series on NT systems.

hey guy my email address is fulbac50@yahoo.com

i know you all are probably way better at computer stuff than me i have read your info to help and i still can't get my copy of mechwarrior 2:mercinaries to work maybe one of you guys could e mail me with maybe step by step instructions to get this done i was way excited when i got this game and now i can't get it to work here is what my system is useing

1.8hgz amd athalon xp 2200

512mb ram

windows xp 2002 home edtion

msi ms star ge force 4 mx 440 with agpx8

i am begging to get some help with this issue cuase i have no idea what i am doing and i really wanna play this game again please some one e mail me on how to do this i can't mintx.exe on the file like curley boy said then i realized he was talking about mechwarrior 2 not mercs i downlaoded vmdsound now what do i do.

sorry to bring back this thread if it's old, but i'm stuck on the first step :\. installed vdmsound. i don't even have a minst.exe. i have a _minst.exe but not a minst.exe. and i can't right click and run with vdmsound frownfrown i know i'm only a one poster, but can you guys please help me out? i really loved this game.

game is working smile but i haven't gotten the clan missions to start yet.

I just downloaded vmware but it says i need a windows 95 boot what is that and where can i get it for free?

Originally posted by pyron4d:

Quote:
I just downloaded vmware but it says i need a windows 95 boot what is that and where can i get it for free?

You have the Windows 95 CD right?

You can get the Windows 95 boot disk image from:

http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm

If you have physical floppy drive, just insert blank floppy to drive and run the exe.

If you do not have physical floppy drive:

1) Install WinRar.

2) Download boot diskette image.

3) Right-click it and extract the file. Ignore the error.

4) Copy the .IMA file to your virtual machine's folder.

5) In Vmware, select your virtual machine and doubleclick the floppy drive icon from the devices list.

6) Click Use floppy image. And Browse… button. Select All Files. Select the copied .IMA file. OK.

Insert 95 CD to drive and start vm. It should start from the floppy (either from real or virtual) drive. Select CD-Rom support from the list.

Now you'll need to partition the virtual hard drive.

Use fdisk, to do it.

When done, restart the vm. And when back on the prompt, use format to format your virtual partition(s).

When formatted, start setup from CD. For example: D:\setup.exe.