Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gilgamesh

Can't read email in Outlook Express??!!

Today my Outlook Express decided to screw up. I can no longer read the text of email. I can recieve them, but when I click on them to read them, I can't see anything in the message body. This goes for just recieved emails as well as old stored emails as well. Can someone help me out? Thanks.

You're going to have to know your smtp server & pop email addy & all that kind of stuff, I recommend you call your ISP for help on this matter (I'm guessing that's whom your pop mail is with).

Hope this helps,

- Marker0077

I'm having the same trouble as he is. I have all my settings in Express just as you described they should be. I do use a program called POP Peeper, but it's just a mail notification program. It just sits in the background, checking for new mail every five minutes and playing a sound when I've got new mail. It doesn't do any automatic filtering or anything. The only other program I have is eTrust's EZ Anvtivirus and Firewall, and they are at their minimalest setting. In fact, I don't think the antivirus software even checks email. (Just checked, it doesn't mention it anywhere...)

This seems to all have started just after I uninstalled Winamp. Coincidence? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Defiant005

I am having the same problem as well, and I think the part you are missing in your replies is that it's on OLD mail, too. It's not just the preview pane that's blank, it's whether I forward it, reply to it, do anything to it, I still can't read it. It's blank.

I did delete some temp files last night but they were only temp files .... and I didn't notice the problem after I deleted them but when I rebooted this morning.

Any clues as to what could have started this and especially how to fix it?

Thanks

Lori

To fix Outlook Express empty message body problem

do the following.

Click START --> RUN ->"regsvr32 inetcomm.dll"

Hope this will help.

Regards, Bakroe

Originally posted by bakroe:

Quote:
To fix Outlook Express empty message body problem

do the following.

Click START --> RUN ->"regsvr32 inetcomm.dll"

Hope this will help.

Regards, Bakroe

I've had numerous people I talk to with this issue. I have had this work and not work. It's a toss up.

"regsvr32 inetcomm.dll" worked great for me! It took all of 3 seconds...

I had the same problem as described in this thread.

Thanks for the quick and easy solution. As I typed

this and fixed my problem, It brought back a memory

of a few days ago when I was running Ad-Watch. I

remember a few things popping up that day, and I

stopped them from being executed when Ad-Watch warned

me. Apparently not allowing "inetcomm.dll" to run

has caused this problem. I would imagine that the

ones that are experiencing this problem right now

probably did the same thing I did....

Again, Thanks for the help! And thanks to google

for sending me to this site/forum for the answer to

my question... "outlook express blank email" smile

-- Brento

"regsvr32 inetcomm.dll" worked great for me! It took all of 3 seconds...

Working for me, 3 seconds, on outlook express 6.0

Thanks! :P

The "regsvr32inetcomm.dll" worked for me too. What do you think caused the O.E. promblem to begin with? I've never had this trouble before.

thanks,

sheeptender

I am having this problem - although its on 98 - the problem is i have to run the regsvr32 inetcomm.dll cmd each time I reboot.

Anyone with any ideas?

I have spent about 6 hours so far - reverting back to older version of inetcomm.dll just made things worse - causing mail to not download from POP server.

I have gone thru the uninstall proccess removing registry keys and then reinstalled OE6 - but no change.

Is a family friends PC - old people not wanting to go to XP and the PC was only reformatted in May this year.

thx in advance

The problem started after no changes that the owners of the PC now about, as I said they are old.

No registry clean up tools were used, and as I stated a new install of OE did not help, even after following anothers advice of renaming the reg keys

HKEY_USERS\DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express

HKEY_USERS\DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\WAB

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WAB

even using the orig version of OE, v4, it still had same problem - install OE6 from a PC magazine disk - no change.

thanks for the explanation - already knew about the GUID, but it helps to have it clarified.

any help at this point is very appreciated

Hi...

I had this issue also and found this through Google.

Ok, nothing here helped my issue so I thought I would report what did resolve this for me.

I changed the default location of the stored messages.

I created a folder called Outlook Express.

C:\Douments and Settings\My Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Outlook Express (just to keep it close to default in Win XP Pro)

Click the following in Outlook Express:

Tools > Options > Maitenance

Locate this: Click here to change the location of your message store.

Click on "Store Folder..."

Click "Change"

Navigate to the folder you created and hi light it.

Click "OK"

Click "OK"

Reboot.

It will rebuild your message store to the chosen one upon restarting Outlook Express.

This worked for me and I hope it may help someone else.

Thanks...

I too had this can't read messages in outlook express deal. I had just run an adware removal tool and probably was not paying enough attention to what it was doing. I was able to put it back with the regsrv32 inetcomm.dll. I wish I could remember the name of it to warn people. I think it messed up my PCCILLIN software too, it no longer loads in the task bar and I am afraid it may not be doing much of anything at this point. Live and learn.

Originally posted by gilgamesh:

Quote:
Today my Outlook Express decided to screw up. I can no longer read the text of email. I can recieve them, but when I click on them to read them, I can't see anything in the message body. This goes for just recieved emails as well as old stored emails as well. Can someone help me out? Thanks.

I believe, that links can help you...

Repair Outlook Express

Outlook express repair

Repair express outlook