Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
akiss

Hi-Performance for 2k/XP/2000 56k OR Cable

Quote:

P.S.=> Any system w/ 2000-XP-2003 w/ 256mb of RAM or more & NOT USING A HOME LAN, with either CABLEMODEM or 56k Dialup internet access respond excellently to this set of reparameterizations... apk

Does this mean that my lan will not work anymore after applying these settings?

Will this work if my cablemodem connects via ethernet nic?

Incase some one is going to apply these registry entries mindlessly then some small corrections:

Tcpip

TcpMaxDupAcks (The Default value of 2 is usually recommended)

SynAckProtect (A value of 2 will disable Windows Scaling(Tcp1323Opts=3) and it is not supported by WinXP/2k3)

TcpNumConnections (The default value of 16 million is probably a good value as it limits max concurrent connections, though it seems that the value only has importance in early versions of NT4)

MaxConnectionsPerServer (This value belongs to another registry-key to have the wanted effect)

MaxConnectionsPer1_0Serve (This value belongs to another registry-key to have the wanted effect)

LanmanWorkstation

AutoShareWks (This value belongs to another registry-key to have the wanted effect)

AutoShareServer (This value belongs to another registry-key to have the wanted effect)

does those tweaks still relevant to my 1.5MB\128KB cable connection ?

i mean to the NETBT, AFD, LANMANWORKSTATION TWEAKS - do they work in my cable connection ? (not 56K)