Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PAcifisti

Conquest of the new world + win2k, please help

Conquest of the new world is a good and old game that doesn't work under win2k. I have tried the "compability tab" under shortcut properties and still the same problem: mouse cursor is "stuck" in a small "box" at the up left corner of the monitor(and after that all you can do is boot your comp). Two different computers running win2k produced the same problem... frown

I have tried all of my tricks to get this game work and made no progress...

So if anyone knows how to get this game work under win2k PLEASE post your solution.

(note: I know the "install the game to a small FAT16/FAT32 partition, then boot with a DOS bootdisk/boot cd-rom"-trick but I need modification/tools/anything to get it work under win2k)

well,it happens a similar thing to me with WinXP...in the main menu the cursor disappears...

To run the Conquest of the New World game get the freeware program DOSBox. I use the command line C:\Games\DOSBOX\dosbox.exe c:\games\newworld\cnwmain.exe -c "mount d d:\ -t cdrom"

The only problem is you need a rather powerful microprocessor, I have an Athlon 2200+ and the game still runs kind of slow. Also repeatly use the command ctrl+F12 in the program to increase the speed of DOSbox to the maximum your microprocessor can handle. My processor maxs out at 15,000 CPU cycles. Use sysmon.exe(kernel processor usage) which is in the windows directory to determine how many CPU cycles you can handle.

Hi

I downloaded DosBox today, and got Conquest of the new world to work with it.

The problem is, I was not mounting, initially, the cdrom with the -t flag (the -t cdrom part was after the closing "). Everything worked until the point where the game actually starts, and the error saying that the cdrom wasn't in the drive appeared.

After I put the -t cdrom inside the ", the game doesn't even show the intro...

Anyone know why this happens?

Thanks

This is because its not acctually reading your cdrom ur just running it off your hard drive, this is what worked for me

type

mount c c:\

then

mount (cdrom drive letter) f f:\ -cdrom

navigate to file ie

cd games, cd conquest

then go to

cnwmain.exe -usecd

and there you go

hello,

i used to love this game when it came out. I only had demo at that time. now i'm still looking for the full game to finally enjoy it. does anybody have it to send it to me by email or somehow different? my email is u2always@telemach.net. please be so kind.

i also have win2k (well, XP) so i will also need to figure out how to solve the problem with this.

I cant get it to work can someone please explain how to get it to work with DOSBox a bit more clearly?

Do it the simple way !

First, mount your location and then, emule your cd-rom, just like that ! (for WinXP or Win2K )

mount d f:\ -t cdrom -usecd 0 -ioctl

Shlick,

hey guys,

i am not a computer guru or anything, but i used to play conquest for hours. now i have the game on xp, and as always, i can't get it to work. i know you guys have explained the solution, but i don't understand. maybe someone could explain it more clearly to me. what do you mean by mount, etc. and also, what is dosbox, and how does it work?

thanks for your help