Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sentme_mail

Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.2 problem

hi,

i am using Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.2. When i run check for problems my OS crashes! Its a blue screen which says

"STOP.........

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ...

Address 80446BD9 base at 80400000, Datestamp 3eebc002 - ntoskrnl.exe "

any idea?

Heh. I wouldn't blame the drivers. Blame your hardware. I'm willing to bet your box has some sort of VIA chipset on the motherboard, eh? If you get lucky you may one day find a version of the VIA 4-in-1 drivers (http://www.viaarena.com) that fixes your problems but don't count on it. If you do find a version that alleviates this.... never ever loose it as given VIAs piss-poor reputation they will break that fix in the very next version they put out.

I can't believe that you actually seem to think that the OS is responsible for those types of errors. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Does this seem odd or are the moderators involved? Every thread in which Alec posts his crazy Ars conspiracy theory has been summarily deleted. I'd appreciate some kind of direction either online or via email about how to handle and deal with these crazy little rants that Alec appears to enjoy going on.

Errr... I guess that means that this thread is about to be locked as well. Perhaps somebody put a stop to this? This has become so bad that I almost feel bad that somehow AlecStaar (who apparently is APK) is inspired to post this garbage simply because I dared to call him out on some of his more questionable posts here.

If my act of waking this beast from its sleep has annoyed others then I would like to apologize. Could somebody give me a hint as to how I can put him back to sleep now?

Well I've written Phillip an email looking for clarification on this. I'm not from Ars even though you claim I am. You can't prove this wild allegation because its simply a figment of your imagination. If you really cared about helping people on this forum with their problems you wouldn't go out of your way to get their threads locked because you can't seem to help from saying anything to further your personal agenda against anybody who dares question the infallability of the almighty AlecStaar.

At one time I was as you apparently were, a member at Arstechnica. I am no longer a member there as I was banned from that place over 6 months ago. As for my association with OSY - yes I am a frequent poster there. I was NOT aware that you and APK were the same person. I happened to stumble on this forum (as I have been a visitor to this site for many years but I never bothered with the forums) while looking for another community after my dismissal from Ars.

I have lurked here for months. I just started posting. And now I am apparently part of some vast conspiracy involving yourself and what I can only assume are other personalities that are a manifestation of whatever psychosis you suffer from. I wish you well. I truly do. If knew what medicine would help this problem I would UPS you a truckload of it. Alas that is not my field.

P.S. Weren't you going to ignore me? Or was that another personality making that claim?