Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
goodbyeevil

microsoft hellbender installation help!

i can seem to install the game and dont know what to do? can anyone help me?

it says an error when i double click the setup.exe:

"this setup program is not intended to be used under your version of windows"

Help!!!!!!!!!!! Please!! i want to install the game!

Try up[censored] windows and up[censored] to SP4, that will cause the Windows installer to also update.

If you are still looking for help on installing Hellbender I have a workaround. It is kind of tricky, since you need to do it from the DOS prompt, but works.

go to a dos prompt navigate to your cd-rom and type:

d:\setup\acmsetup /Z customui /T Furyw32.stf

substitute d:\ for your cd-rom drive letter.

This worked for me but I am using XP.

Good Luck

I tried the dos prompt way and finnaly got to setup screen but when I press ok to proceed it gives me a setup message asking me to insert the CD-ROM labeled "Microsoft Hellbender CD-ROM" into the drive but the CD is already in the drive and wont accept it, it keeps asking for it even though its in the drive!!! I tried ejecting and re-inserting but nothing. This is a great game and any help would be great, thanks.

G:\>setup\acmsetup /Z customui /T Furyw32.stf /S g:\

add

/s g:\

to the command line, G is my CD drive, change it you what your CD drive letter is.

Adding "/s d:\" at the end of the command worked great, thank you everyone for the help, the game works great. I did have a little trouble with the joystick at first but after I changed the compatibility mode to Windows 95 everything seems to work at it did years ago. Thanks again for the help.

Don't know if you can buy it buy you definetly shouldn't download it since it would be illegal to do so.

Thread closed.