Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
crashdummie

5.1 live sound card and drive installation problem

hi everyone smile

I recently purchased a cicero computer that pretty much came with everything already installed; but i wanted to upgrade the sound card and install a dvd writer.

sound card problem:

I installed the card (creative 5.1 live) into the first PCI slot, disabled the onboard sound in the bios and installed all the neccessary software; but my computer still cannot recognize the card (hardware not found). I then tried the card in the second PCI slot with no further success, anybody have any idea what might be wrong?

dvd writer drive installation problem:

the brackets that support the drive in the cicero case is very difficult to

work with. I cant seem to connect the brackets to the drive once the brackets are set in the groves. if anyone knows what im talking about, some advice would be great smile

P.S. I think the cord that plugs into the sound card from the cd/rw is to short, do i need an extension?

thanks in advance

Does the sound card appear in the device list at boot. It sould be something like "multimedia device"?

yes tomay, it does appear in the device manager as multimedia audio controller. I cant understand why my computer cant install the driver for it.

What O/S are you running?

I gave up on Creatives bloated drivers! The ones Windows installs work ok AFAIC.

BUT, there is another avenue I discovered through another forum:

http://download.kxproject.lugosoft.com/

I had no problems with this package. It gives you the option to install just the drivers and/or the control panel. I installed both.

BTW, the control panel has selectable skins (if that matters, I didn't like the default skin).

Check it out.

Hi just purchased Creative soundblaster 5.1 live ls, installed it on my computer which I run windows 98 SE, I have a Amd athon motherboard 256memory. So the sound blaster should work on my computer. But for some reasion when I try and play games I may get sound for a maybe 2 to 3 minutes, then its a beeping noise when someone is talking or music playing. I also found out that I can not play cd's and hear the music. I have called support but no help. they told me to download updates on windows, the nvidia vanta/vanta lt updates, ect. and nothing has helped. Has anyone else out there had the same problem, and if so how was you able to fix the problems? PLEASE HELP!!!