Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRocket

intellimouse....

i am using the usb microsoft intellipoint mouse. every so often the optical light will go out and the mouse will not work. i unplug and plug it back in, and i will work again. also every so often the mouse cursor speed will slow down alot, and again i unplug and plug back, and it will return to normal speed. Is there an issue with my mouse or maybe the usb ports? i have tried mouse in all usb ports and all with same results. i have tried different usb drivers with same results. i am using the intellipoint 5 software for my mouse. any help will do, thanks

Personally I would replace the mouse with a cheap $12 corded logitech elcheapo scroll mouse, and use the intellmouse software from microsoft. I have had LOTS of issues with usb mice. Mostly when the machine gets busy the usb mouse connection seems to have problems. A corded mouse seems to work much better because an interupt is granted entirely to the corded mouse hardware insead of the usb ports sharing the interupt.

Les

The solution is very simple. Uninstal the intellipoint software and revert to the basic HID compliant mouse driver that comes with Windows 2K. Intellimouse, as near as I can tell, does not work well on any computer running Windows 2000 professional. The base driver works well with optical wheel mice such as the Intellimouse Explorer 3.0A USB.

Microsoft, for their part, recommends that you buy a new mouse.

I prefer my solution.