Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
krick

Elitegtoup (ECS) P6STMT motherboard INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

I'm trying to install Windows 2000 on an Elitegtoup (ECS) P6STMT motherboard but I get a blue screen with "0x0000007B INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" when it tries to boot into windows after installation.

Are there any known problems with this board or its SiS 630ET chipset?

Krick

You're not using any kind of PCI ATA card then correct ?!? Just the onboard IDE interface ?!?

A third party IDE/ATA card usually requires that a drivers disk be supplied during the install process, pressing F6 during the initial startup screen to provide this driver is required so that Win 2K/XP can load this driver into memory and copy it to the install drive during installation.

Nope. However, I have gotten 2k installed now.

I had a factory fresh virgin 120GB drive that I was saving for a rainy day and decided to try using that instead of the old 8GB drive that I was using.

The install went smoothly without a hitch.

Seems really strange to me. The 8GB had always worked fine up to this point. In fact, I had just installed Windows 98SE on it only hours earlier.

Any thoughts? I don't think the drive is bad but that's what it looks like is happening.

Who is the manufacturer of that HD ?!?

You can test out the media for any defects, most manufacturers have some sort of diagnostic software you can d/l and create a bootable floppy disk onto and run it from there.

Western Digital calls their's Data Lifeguard

Seagate calls their's SeaTools

It's possible that there are some bad clusters now on the HD and it's time to recycle the drive wink